Providing everyday essentials to women in need
HOPE TOTES, is a non-registered, Toronto based charity which donates gift bags of everyday essentials to women in need.
How it began.
With the help of good friends I launched HOPE TOTES in 2006 as an annual project to help less fortunate women in the GTA. Now along with Danielle Benton, Hope Totes is entering its 15th year
Year after year this project donates thousands of dollars of needed products to shelters across the city. The every day toiletrie items we donate are essential (toothbrush, soap, shampoo..) along with special items (makeup, jewelry, accessories) that make women feel confident and cared for.
How they are made.
1. Product Donation: Your free samples, gifts with purchase, or hotel toiletries do more good in our Totes than stuffed in your drawers.
2. Corperate Donations: If you work for a company with a storage room full of products, give us a call and we'll pick them up from you!
3. Online Donation: Your monetary donation, no matter how small helps us purchase what we need to ensure each Tote is well stocked.
Product is stored until Assembly Day, when volunteers gather, assemble and deliver the bags.
How to get involved
1. Make TOTES of your own. Email hopetotesTO@gmail.com and we'll get you started
2. Collect product to support another donation
3. Make a donation! Every dollar goes directly into Totes-no donation is too small...or too big.